"Pj Day & My New Craft Space"

 Hi Everyone,

I hope you had a great week and the weekend is going well........ I am having a Pj day and a play in my new Craft Space :) 


Probably like a lot of crafters out there.......when my boys were younger and home with me, I always used a part of the living room or the kitchen, for my scrapbooking and craft. I started off with one table, a small book case and basic tools, when I first started scrapbooking 20 years ago.  I have slowly built up my stash and it hasn't cost me a fortune, as I have recycled and bought the right pieces for my space.

My boys have settled nicely into their home now and are getting on well. They both moved out when they were ready and I never pressured them.  Things happen and the right time eventually came. I loved having them at home, but it is also a new chapter for me with them leaving the nest......

So.......... after a few weeks of condensing, destashing, re-arranging, cleaning, sorting and moving in, my craft room is finally the way I want it and is  "MY HAPPY PLACE" I am also making a nice living area where I used to craft.

I am making a few Xmas gifts this weekend, so I will see if the setup works for me. I can tweak it if I need to. 

I kept nearly all the pieces of furniture that I had, except one table, that moved all the time and I would spill water etc. I replaced it with the wooden desk, that I up-cycled with some paint and paper. I also gave my sons two large bookcases that they are using.  I have organised everything into Zones, to keep it sorted. 

This is the view from the door. You can see the lovely big window and I wanted to use all that natural light. I decided to put my timber desk on the wall next to my other big table. 

ZONE 2 -  is on the left-hand side, as you go in, I have used my two white bookcases, for items that I use REGULARLY. These have some of my bigger journals and storage, ribbons, trims and sewing notions, cling stamps, embellishments, journal stuff, photos etc.

ZONE 2 is also - my long table that, I have my old Singer drawers on, with a few different projects displayed. I have mums memory album there then a custom unit which has my pens and pencils, brushes, some wood stamps, mixed media stuff and punches. I have my craft tote attached to the end of the table, my photo printer and my glass media mat handy.

ZONE 1 -  is my new desk. I have items I use ALL THE TIME, like my die cutting machine and dies, inks, daubers, small bin, ruler, stapler, ephemera, etc. 


I also had enough room to put my Raskog cart, which I bought from Ikea about 5 years ago. One of my best storage pieces, as I can move it out when I need and it has a place next to the desk. It holds extra tools, mixed media stuff and my magnetic tins with embellishments in them. 

This is also ZONE 1 -  In front of the window. I have my sewing machine handy, sitting on an old converted Singer table. My small white desk, which I found in an op shop years ago, which is always good for extra space if needed and doesn't take up too much room. I have a storage box, made from recycled fence posts, on top of it, which holds lots of different types of paper. On the floor is a storage tote that houses, all sorts of cardboard, manilla folders, book covers, etc that I use to make journals from.


ZONE 3 -  is this large wardrobe, which was a great space to utilise, as I can keep it closed. This is for items that I DON'T USE ALOT and extra items, I have on hand. I have my other bookcase on the floor, with junk journal supplies, pattern paper, old books, small tools etc. On the left side, I used some good size baskets to hold the items I don't need all the time but are accessible. I have things like extra adhesive, stickers, scrapbook paper, ephemera and scraps etc. Everything is labelled so I don't waste time searching. On the top shelf are some of our family albums, my paints, Xmas JJ supplies, laminator and odd tools.


On the right, as you come in was a big blank space. I didn't want to put any storage near the door, so I decided to use it as a family photo display. These are some of the many scrapbooking layouts I have done over the years. They are lovely memories to have out and fill the space.  I have a couple of large canvas projects to do yet, and they will be added to my walls.
It will be nice for my friends and family not to see my 'messy craft space' when they come to visit. I don't have to worry about cleaning up what I am working on and I can go back to it as I want to. 
Now, with having weekends off, I can craft to my heart's content, in between my busy life. No doubt, like the rest of my crafty friends out there.



I have started some journals today and it has been great creating after a bit of a break. I am able to find my supplies easily and I am feeling a lot more creative. Cleaning up as I go, is a habit I am going to get into, so I don't make too much mess!! 

I hope you have enjoyed a bit of a peek into my crafty space and you might find a few ideas to use also. If you have any questions about what I did , or used please feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email at kerri.smith64@bigpond.com 

Enjoy your weekend my friends and I hope you get some crafty time :)

Hugz K xx







 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

"Altered Book" - Part 1- Prepping Your Book