"Altered Book Rolodex"

 Hello Friends,

As I am playing with an Altered Book at the moment, I thought I would show you another great project, you can make with a book also. 




When I was a kid, a Rolodex was something on an office desk that held business cards, and contact details. It turned on a roller so the cards were accessible. I had one of the ones above and used the small cards to make mini scrapbook layouts. I used lots of photos up that didn't go into our family albums :)

 With this sort of thing in mind, I first made a book into one earlier this year. It was a fun and easy project. I have used it to store my ATC swaps. 
There are some great Tutorials on Youtube and I watched this one  "HERE" and then had a go myself. 


The book I used was one I found at the op shop and as the pages were a bit thicker, I folded all of them. If your book has quite a few its is better to fold three or four of them together.  This time instead of leaving the book flat, I folded one side up and made side pieces from chipboard for it. I used hot glue, to stick them on and this made the book stand up on its own. I painted the covers all over with white Gesso, to seal it.


I decided to use one of my lovely napkins decoupaged on it and I added some paper clips with a few bits of trims down the edge.  I added some cream paint to tidy the edges up and a piece of lace on the bottom to finish it off.


I am very happy with the final result and I have added lots of ephemera to it so I will use it. 


 It sits happily on my desk, ready to pinch things off it to use in my journals :) I will keep adding bits and bobs to it so they can be seen and I don't forget what lovely supplies I have in my stash :) You can also make one to use as a calendar, photo display, for a gift, mixed media display, anything you can think of........

Thanks for stopping by,

Have a great evening
Hugz K xx












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?