"Paper Bag Journal"

 Hello there,

It is Sunday here in Aus and it has been a very wet and cold week. I have enjoyed being home in between my shifts this week.......

Over the last week or so I have been working on a Journal for a swap I am in on FB. The challenge was to create it from Paper bags. As it has been received I can share how I made it.......

I used a medium-sized bag I kept from one of our local shops which was a good size for the cover.  I Collaged scrap paper from my stash over it and made a Title for the front of it with some bits and pieces. I finished it off with some Sari Silk trim to keep it together.


For the inside pages, I folded some lunch bags in half and then I just sewed down the middle of them with my machine. I decorated them in a Vintage style and colours for the lady I was making the journal for. 

I used lots of different writing and plain paper throughout the journal with stamped images for embellishment. I also left a few of the bag pages blank for her to play with. I made a Belly Band from some scraps and added coffee dyed lined paper under it. 


I stamped and stitched some of my other tea dyed paper and made a few different places to add things. 


I made a few small pockets with some scrap clusters to be used on her projects or in the journal. The corner tuck has some tags under it.



As the paper bags had an open-end, I glued some closed and others I left open to add more embellishments tags and journal cards throughout. 

I have a flip through of this on my YouTube Channel also :) here @ Paper Bag Junk Journal - YouTube
This was a fun project to create and it didn't take me too long to put together. There are some lovely videos on YouTube showing how to make these types of journals. I just basically nutted it out myself after watching a couple to get a general idea........
I hope you might be inspired to have a go at one...

Thanks for popping in
Hugz Kerri x















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?