"A Little DIY"

 Hi Friends,

I have been a bit absent from my blogging, which hasn't been in my plan at all......  

Work has been full-on and I have made the decision, to not work weekends anymore.  I have picked up other shifts Mon-Fri.  I have been doing this job for nearly 9 years and I think it's time to slow a little.....I am enjoying spending some more time, actually at home and doing a few things, I haven't had the time or energy to do.  I went out for dinner with a team of great girls, I work with and managed a bit of gardening, plus saw my youngest son........


I have nearly moved into my new craft room, as my sons are now settled in their home. I have been doing a little DIY project this weekend.  I found a cheap sturdy desk, on a local selling site and decided to give it a facelift......It had a desk, drawers and a hutch for great storage.


Jayden picked it up for me and then I went to Bunnings and bought some paint that I could use straight over the wood with no prep or fuss. That was great for me as I hate sanding anything..... This small pot of Explorer Blue did two coats over the parts I wanted to change and it came up lovely. It is a paint and sealer in one......


I used an old plastic tablecloth as a drop sheet and I didn't have to worry about any paint dripping.



I let the paint dry for about 30 minutes after the first coat and then did the second. I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but it came out really smooth and you can hardly see any brushstrokes. I am not an expert in DIY, I just puddle and it seems to work :)  I will definitely use this paint again if I do any others.

As the backing board was not taking the paint as well as the main timber, I decided to use some paper instead. I printed out a few Digital Papers from My Porch Prints, from Etsy that I had. They worked out great and I just collaged them onto the board. 


I decided to leave a bit of the wood visible as I thought doing all the one colour might have been too much. 


I am really pleased with my effort and how my desk has turned out. I decided to have it on the wall as it would have closed off the light coming through the window.  

I hope you may have a few ideas for your craft room and am happy, I could inspire you. Stay tuned, as over the next couple of days I will have a bit of a video showing you my final set-up and how my new space will work for me :)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope this finds you all well my friends
Hugz K xx











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

"Altered Book" - Part 1- Prepping Your Book