"Stash Busting September" - Element Challenges

 Hi friends,

I have really enjoyed the Stash Buster Challenge. These are all the finished element challenges for my journal.  This one was to use book pages and make 3 items to add to your journal. 

I made a double corner tuck on the left, a belly band in the middle and a double pocket on the right. 

The next one, I decided to have a go at was to use strips of leftover paper for your elements.  On the left is a small paper bag pocket, the middle is a pocket on the front using the basketweave paper technique and the right one is a flip out. All just using strips of paper that I have had leftover from other projects. I used a bit of a couple of Digi prints mixed on them also.

For this element, you needed to use a roll of some sort of paper as the base for your items. I had some packaging paper and I stamped all over it. I then made a full-size flip page. I made a belly band and a double envelope stack with the paper and other bits and bobs. On the back is another envelope from the kit that I used.

I used a bit of "Junk" for these... I had a postcard reminder I was sent, so I made it into a new postcard for journaling. Half of an envelope as a side pocket and a paper bag that had soap in it, decorated for a top-loading pocket. 


The ticket elements were fun to create. I used a guest check and altered it so it would sit over a page in my journal. A ticket hidden paper clip and two tickets made into a small flip :)

   

I don't seem to use circles much so this was something different for me to create..... I made some faux buttons and some small and large circle tucks. These sit on the edge of a page for decoration or can be glued down to hold small journal cards etc.


For these altered envelopes above, I used a c5 size folded in half, a business size as a fold-out and two pretty ones as flips. some napkin collage, digital paper of the kit I am using and other bits from my stash.....


For the sticker stack, I had some tags printed on sticker paper, and I just layered some other stickers I had in my stash on top. These came together pretty quick.




These two were the last of the element challenges for all the embellishments for my journal.  I used a pattern paper that I didn't really like and altered it into a couple of folded tucks to put extra things into. I also used a jumbo playing card as my unusual item and I altered it with some gesso, stamping, napkin etc while keeping the suit of the card visible...
Now, all there is left for me to do is stamping and stencilling throughout my journal and put it all together to be finished...

I have enjoyed these challenges to add elements and embellishments to the journal that I am playing with. Also finding some things in my stash that I had not used was great too.

Stay tuned for the final look at my finished journal very soon and Thanks for stopping by,

Hugz 
Kerri x

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?