"Mum's Memory Journal" - Finished

 Hi Friends,

Hoping you are well in your part of the world. We are just coming out of lockdown again in Western Victoria, which is good :)

I have finished the journal making part of Mum's Memory Journal. Now to fill it with photos and stories ....... This post is photo-heavy, so you know :)

The final two challenges were to make 3 Altered Paper clips, 3 Altered playing cards, plus bind your journal and the cover.

I made Mum's journal from an upcycled 80's craft binder. It is three-ring so I didn't have to worry about making a cover and binding it........ I made a front cover from one of the extra pages I created. It also has the tassel I made hanging on the spine.

I used larger paper clips and tied some of the trims to it that I used on the spine dangle. I also added a few different charms to them.  

For the Altered playing cards, I did them layered in the sewing/vintage theme, to match all the other elements I had made. 

 The front cover is a collaged pieces of different papers, that were sewn and embellished with things that I made from the challenges. I adhered it straight onto the binder cover with strong adhesive. Everything in this journal, came from my craft stash or mums sewing basket. 

There are layers of sewing, paper, stamping, fabric, trims, collage and stencilling to add dimension to the pages. 

I reused lots of things like paper bags, sewing patterns/envelopes, music sheet, envelopes and book pages. I made envelopes, tuck spots, pockets, journaling cards etc and most of the journal has been machine sewn. I used some of mums sewing bits, like buttons, trims, cotton, etc in it also.

In between work etc, this labour of love took me about 12 weeks, but I am so happy I joined in the challenges. They gave me the inspiration to keep going with it. I just have to add the photos and stories of mum to it, for my boys.  I know mum would have loved it and the journal is an heirloom, to pass on to my boys, of their Grandmother.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great nigh.....t
Hugz K x











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?