"Mum's Memory Journal" - Continued....

 Hello There,

Hoping all my friends are well and safe if in Lockdown...... We are still free atm in Regional Victoria and I have had a busy week. In between, I have been creating a bit more of Mum's Journal.  I am still playing along with the challenges in the FB group and  #7 was to create some Ephemera Drawers and #8 to make Flips using envelopes.  



For this first one, I used 3 business-sized envelopes and put them together so they would fold in and out.  I can add tags, photos, journaling etc to them.



This one, I played around with a bit and decided to put four different size envelopes together, using the openings as the flip part. I made a couple of fasteners from cardstock and used twine to hold them down in the journal.



These little drawers I created using a wardrobe tag. As I couldn't use the digital to make it, I improvised with what I had......





On the inside cover, of the vintage binder that I am using: I collaged a page and made a large pocket, then added the envelope flip on the top. I used some small images on the spine.


On this page, I collaged a few things together and made a corner tuck to hold journal/photo cards.


This large double pocket I made from a gift bag. I cut the handles off, cut it down a bit, sewed around it, then decorated it. I have added tags and cards to finish it off.


This envelope pocket I will use for personal journaling. It blends in nicely with the background paper and trims.

I added the Ephemera Drawers to a plain page so it could be seen. This was fun to make and hold small pieces, that I can add to the album.


Another large pocket from collaged papers and added a couple more tags.
I am really happy with my progress on mum's journal. I will be adding photos and memories to it very soon. There are still a few more weeks of the Mini Challenges to finish, before I can work out what photos, journaling etc that I will add. This journal is certainly a "labour of love" and making this for my boys is very special. I really need to look at creating a "Book Of Me" for them also.......
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having some fun crafty time and looking after yourself and your loved ones, in this crazy time.....

Take Care
Hugz K xx





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?