"Mum's Journal" - Challenge 10

 Hi Friends,

It has been 10 weeks since I started the Challenges with Junk Journal for Everyone on FB. It has been lots of fun and very inspiring....... Challenge 10  - To make a snippet roll and some cluster embellishments.  



To make the snippet roll, I just tore some strips of different scrap papers and then folded them as I put them through my machine to make a ruffled effect. 



I also had some scraps of lace and fabric that I just cut into small pieces and sewed them on to for some texture. You could add other pieces of different paper also to it.


I sort of went a bit overboard and I think it ended up being about 4 metres long, but it will come in handy for projects. 


I cut this strip to add to a page and just added some buttons and a bit of embellishing. It is a belly band that will hold journaling cards, photos etc.



For the clusters, I just layered and glued some book page, cheesecloth, lace, and buttons etc, to create small embellishments for corners or tops of the pages.  I might use these for tabs to stick on the edges of the pages.
This challenge has been a great distraction for me working through Lockdown. I am fortunate to have my job, but it is very tiring. I work in Disability and I have been watching some of the Para Olympics.

I hope you are all doing well, wherever you are...
Stay safe and well
Hug Kxx 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?