"Mum's Journal" - Challenge 6

 Hello Friends,

Hoping you are all well on this Thursday here in Australia! A bit quieter week for me, a bit of a crook knee, which has slowed me down and we have just come out of Lockdown, yet again!!!

I have had a chance to do the next Challenge for Mum's Journal. It was to create a dangle embellishment, for the spine of the journal.  As you may know, I am not really into bling, so I used lots of lace and trims, plus I made one strand of charms, beads etc which reminded me of mum......


One of my fave people on YouTube is Pam @ The Paper Outpost. I watched the above Tutorial and then had a go at making one. Pam is quite funny and she does great Tutorials. She also does a Podcast that I enjoy :)



I used a jump ring, to put it on with a clip, just to show you how it looks. It will be trimmed a little more also.  I used some lace, trims and vintage buttons that were mums. I added the few charms that I had to finish off. It makes a lovely sound when you touch the key at the bottom of it with the angel wings and heart...
I have happy memories of mum teaching me to use her sewing machine. She also tried to teach me to cross stitch and how to knit plus crochet.......She was so patient with me as mums are..........I have made a few quilts, jumpers, scarves, baby blankets, etc. 
Mum worked at Fletcher Jones before she met my dad and they were married, then she moved to Sale....... Mum sewed all her life, making us our tennis gear, school uniforms and she made her own clothes for a long time when we were kids.......
This was a lovely part of the journal to create and brought back a lot of happy time we spent together...
Hop on over and join in the challenge of FB or just be inspired by all the lovely inspiration in the Junk Journaling for Everyone Group...
I am looking forward to the next Challenge so stay tuned!!!!

Have a great Evening
Hugz K x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?