"Mum's Journal - Challenge 2"

 Hello Friends,

I hope this finds you well and not too locked down with Covid. Here in Victoria, we are going well. I am having my first Phizer jab on Friday..... I want to keep myself, my family, friends and the people I work with safe.

I have had the weekend off but a bit of a busy week. I have made some time to do the 2nd Mini Chomp Challenge, in the group. 

This week it was to create some pages for your journal. As mine is a binder I did 6 back and front but will have quite a few more in it also. 
I wanted to combine Mum's love of sewing and her garden in the one album. It was a big part of her life as she worked at Fletcher Jones before she was married and she always had a beautiful rose garden of around 150 roses plus all her Lilies, Alstromeria, Camellias, Annuals and Bulbs......


I decided to try a few different ideas to decorate these pages to start. #1 - I used scraps of different papers to collage. #2 - Distress ink through a stencil. #3 - Some silly stitching fun, with my machine. #4. Different pieces of paper and tissue patterns collaged. #5 - Stamping randomly over the page. #6. I used some old stamps of birds, butterflies and plants to make a border.


On the reverse sides I did a few other things.... #1 -More paper collage. #2 - Napkin collage over the coffee dyed paper. #3 - Scrapbook paper with the stitching showing through. #4 -Scrapbook paper. #5 - Vintage themed sewing paper with a paper ruffle. #6 - Lacey pattern paper with a fabric sewn ruffle. 






As you can see above, I am leaving some of the original pages in the binder as is.  They add a bit of a Vintage Retro, feel to the journal, plus I can use the pages later on if I decide to. 

I hope you are enjoying my posts about the challenges and what I am creating with Mum's Journal. Mini Chomp Challenge 3 will be up tomorrow so stay tuned for what I create for that one. I have also started the other binder for myself and I will show you what I have been doing with that one also!
Have a great nite

Hugz K xx



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?