"Inspiration File Folder Journal"

 G'day and I hope your are going well, wherever you are :)

This is my weekend off and with the cold wet weather, I am mainly hibernating and used the time to craft a bit :)
I love watching YouTube videos of some very clever artists.  A few of my faves, that I have Subbed to are:  The Paper Outpost, 49 Dragonflies, Paper Terrace, Marmie SmallArt, Treasure Books and Joie De Fi. We have some talented Aussies out there too and I love Johanna, Clough, Willbound Journals, Roxy Creations, Shanouki Art and Paper Inspirations :)
I puddle and have a go at their tutorials, for inspiration for my journals. I thought I would make one just to try things out and document how to make different ephemera, pockets, tags etc.  I have had plans of doing more videos myself but life gets in the way.................
I thought I would try a different journal and use office file folders, that you can buy in office supply and cheap shops. I really enjoy the process of putting a journal together and trying different options for them. 
I did a bit of a trial run, with some plain paper, for a prototype. I wanted to roughly measure things out and get the main idea of what I had in my head to make.......I didn't want to waste my supplies.
I had some file folders in my stash so I decided to cut them down to 7.5 x 11 inches in size and make a cover, just a smidge bigger. 

I made a hinge, by cutting a piece of cardstock the same size as the folders and then scored at 1" along the length of it. I folded them and it created an accordion. I glued a folder to each side of the tab, creating the album.


As I added more pages, I just added another piece of the hinge. You can see above that they open flat, which makes it easy and fun to play in.


To make the covers. I cut two pieces of packaging to 11.7 x 8" just to give the folders good coverage. I used a lovely napkin that I received in a swap to decoupage over it. I just used a glue stick instead of my wet glue.  

You can see here the spine forms the accordion, and the pages are secure. I haven't covered this part up as I like the look of the exposed spine..... I just adhered the covers straight down onto the front and back folders. 

To finish it off, I used my machine to stitch around the edges and added a bit of a collage with a quote, with some metal corners.

To finish off the cover neatly inside, I added a book page on the left and a music page on the right. I put an altered envelope that I made from a business-size envelope on the left as a pocket and used the window to show an image through it.....


I don't work in order of the pages in my journals. I just pick a page randomly and play. This one is one of the vintage envelopes I made. I will add journaling on how made them also.
Maybe I have inspired you to keep an ideas journal for yourself :)
Have a crafty day!
Hugz K x





 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?