"Common Place Journal Part 2" - The Pages

 Hi There

It is Saturday evening here and it is wet and cold. We are still in lockdown but hopefully only a few more days.......I hope you are well and warmer in your part of the world...... I have just finished off creating my new Journal to play in. 

During the week, I have been getting the pages together for this journal. It is a mix of tea-dyed, stencilled, pattern paper, music sheet, book and magazine pages, collage and napkin. 



Instead of signatures, I have done a Hinged Tab Binding on the pages which allow them to be opened either way. They sit flat to work on and I think this is becoming my fave binding method.


This is the video I followed for mine, from 49 Dragonflies. 



  




Instead of using fabric or paper, for the tabs, which I have done, I tried washi tape. It works really well and doesn't give you the added bulk to your page stack.







This is the front inside with my envelope on the inside and my Owl page which is collaged with a napkin. Yep, I love owls :)




I attached the last page to the back cover and all the other pages are now like an accordion book, except put together with the tape. I have plenty of pages front and back to use and it will fit in with the large spine as I add stuff to it :)



I have added a small amount of embellishment to the front of the cover. I made a ruffle with a bit of coffee dyed fabric, and just added a collaged playing card that I received in a swap. I adhered the card to a piece of Prima packaging. A few bulb pins with some charms I liked, finished it off.....

I hope you have enjoyed a bit of a peek into this journal I have made.....More to come so stay tuned...

Hugz K x



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?