"Memory Journal For Mum"

 Hello there,

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are all going well...It is very hectic here and it has become very cold also. Great indoors weather and we are going well, with no Covid or restrictions here in Victoria at the moment :)

This last week I started working on a Memory album Journal of my mum. She passed away from Alzheimer's, July 2017 and I never got to make her 80th Life album.  I made my stepdad an album for his 100th Birthday. He died 6 months after mum, aged 102. 


I am a memory keeper for my boys and I decided to do a Junk Journal style ring binder album.  I found a couple of retro ones in an op shop. I am using the Super stitch for mums and the other for one for myself.


I went through my stash to see what would fit the theme of the journal and I found some tags that I finished off with some stitching and collage.



These backs of packaging I had kept for making journal cards and tags. 


I made them into tags and cards for photos and journaling. 



I went through the binder and picked out pages that I like and wanted to keep. I then started collaging on some of the pages with different papers, doilies, sewing pattern, pattern paper, etc from my stash. I then back them with my coffee dyed paper. This way I can use them to put photos on or journal stories about mum.  I still have a few to go but I am enjoying making them am getting a nice collection of pages to put back in the journal.  I am using my sewing machine to add some stitching around the borders and for decoration.
I have joined a challenge in a group that I am in and we are creating a JJ together. The first challenge was to make 3 Journal cards and tags. Instead of starting a new journal, I decided to keep going and add to this one.  


Above are the larger sized Journal Cards that I made using some of the packaging and items from my stash!!! The first one I made from an A5 envelope, cut the side and made it into a pocket for added space.


These are the tags I made, with collage, trims, papers, and lots of goodies from my stash.  I basically made them the same way as the cards with layers of paper and texture...... I am very pleased with this first challenge and they will look lovely holding memories of my wonderful mum, who I miss every day.....

If you would like to join the group I am in on FB, it is Junk Journaling For Everyone and the Challenge is the Big Bite Challenge. It is a lot of creative fun!!!

Thank you for having a look at my creations and Stay Tuned for the next challenge plus what else I have added.......

Hugz K x






  












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Little Word - 2022"

"Journal Ephemera Storage"

Lets Get Started - What Is A Junk journal?